Outlined below are some details for the day, including how we’ll organize before the parade along with a map of Courthouse Square with our booth, #510, circled in yellow.
Folks are always welcome to hang out at our booth, regardless of whether or not you’re scheduled as a volunteer! 🙂
Come wearing your rainbow colors, and ready to have fun!
If you’re participating in the Parade
- Meeting Time: 11am
- Meeting Location: Cooper Park (next to the Downtown Library) at St. Clair Street and 2nd Street
- We will meet under the statue at the center of the park, look for Emily Joyce our blue parade banner
- After gathering as a group,we will go check in with the parade organizers
- After checking in, a volunteer will walk us to our place in the parade lineup
- Parade begins at 12pm and snakes through the city, ending at Courthouse Square
If you’re volunteering at the Booth
- Come prepared for the warm weather! We suggest bringing water a water bottle
- If you are unable to stand for long periods of time, you may want to bring a collapsible chair
- Masks are not required but you are welcome to wear one if that is your preference
- Remember: our only agenda is to be the loving presence of the Episcopal Church.
Brochures, small giveaways and a prayer jar will be out on the table for guests who stop to chat with us.
Our booth is #510, parallel to Third Street, near the Children’s area and ramp.